Google Drive: Access and Work with Documents
Watch this video for an introduction to Google Drive and then take a look at the other Google Drive help pages to learn more about the functions of Google Drive.
To learn more about Google Drive in general, see these Google Drive videos from Atomic Learning.
For more on Cedarville's conversion to Google Apps, see the Google Conversion: Email and Calendar Frequently Asked Questions help page.
You can find the Google Apps landing page at cedarville.edu/google. Your username and password will not work if you try to log in through Gmail.
You can use the Google Drive shortcut, drive.cedarville.edu, to log directly into your Google Drive, or you can access Drive from your mail by clicking on the grid menu in the upper right hand corner and selecting Drive.
- Click the red "Create" button on the top left hand side of the Google Drive page.
- Select the document type you wish to create from the menu that appears. The document will open in new tab.
- Rename the document by selecting the "File" menu and choosing "Rename".
- Click the red upload button next to the "Create" button on the top lef hand side of the Google Drive page.
- Select to upload either "Files" or "Folder" from the menu that appears.
- Use the file browser to choose the files or folder you want to upload and click "Open".
- When the upload is finished, a box will pop up in the lower right hand corner showing you the files uploaded.
- You may be asked whether or not to convert files with extensions such as ".doc". If you plan to edit the files on Google Drive, you will need to allow Google to perform the conversion.
- Once uploaded, the files will be availible in your drive and can be treated like files that were created using Google Drive.