Google Mail: Edit Subject of a Conversation Thread
In Google Mail, you can change the subject of a mail conversation that has already been started. When you do this and send the email, the recipients will receive the email in their inbox as a new conversation.
If you simply want each email you receive (including those with the same subject line) to appear as a new conversation thread, see the Google Mail: Turn Off Conversation View help page.
- Navigate to cedarville.edu/google.
- Click the "Mail" link.
- Log in to Google Mail using your CedarNet username and password.
- Click the mail conversation you want to reply with an edited subject to.
- In the textbox with the message “Click here to Reply or Forward,” click “Reply.”
- Next to the name of the person you are replying to, click the dropdown arrow. A pop-up menu appears.
- From the pop-up menu, click “Edit subject.” Gmail’s new compose/reply window will appear for you to type your reply.
- To edit the subject, click the cursor into the subject field and make the desired changes.
Keywords: change mail subject line, new subject, change subject of email replyEmail this to a Friend