Google Mail: Forward Email
If you have multiple email addresses and wish to read all your emails from a single email account, you can forward your emails from your Cedarville University Google Mail to another email address.
If you want to forward only certain emails, you can do so by creating a filter and then creating a rule for that filter to forward only those emails. You will need to add a forwarding address before you can create rules to forward emails (see Step 1 below).
This help page walks users through two different options for setting up a forwarding address. If you have a Cedarville Google Mail account, then you will want to use the first option, which extends across steps 1 and 2. If you do not have a Cedarville Google Mail account, you will want want to use the second option, which is listed in the "Setting Up a Forwarding Address through a CedarInfo Transaction" section below.
If you have a Cedarville Google Mail account, use this option (both this drop-down section and the next) to forward your emails.
- In Google Mail, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon.
- From the resulting list, select "Settings."
- Click the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab.
- In the "Forwarding" section, click [Add a forwarding address]. A pop-up window will appear.
- Enter the address you want to forward your mail to in the field and click [Next].
- Check that you have entered the email address correctly and click [Proceed].
Now you will need to log in to the forwarding email in order to get a confirmation code to verify the forwarding address.
- Log in to the email account you are forwarding your Cedarville email to. You should have received an email with the subject line "Cedarville University Forwarding Confirmation." A confirmation code will be in this email.
- In the forwarding settings in your Cedarville Google Mail, enter the confirmation code from the confirmation email into the verification field next to the forwarding email address.
- Click [Verify].
The address has now been added as a forwarding address.
- In your Cedarville Gmail "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" settings, locate the "Forwarding" section.
- Select "Forward a copy of incoming mail to" and select the forwarding email from the drop-down box.
In the second drop-down box, select whether you want to:
- Keep Cedarville University Mail’s copy in the Inbox - Your email is sent to the forwarding address and is still accessible as normal in the Cedarville Gmail inbox.
- Mark Cedarville University Mail’s copy as read - Your email is sent to the forwarding address and appears in the Cedarville Gmail inbox as though it were already opened.
- Archive Cedarville University Mail’s copy - Your email is sent to the forwarding address and does not appear in the Cedarville Gmail inbox but is still accessible from All Mail.
- Delete Cedarville University Mail’s copy - Your email is sent to the forwarding address and is deleted from your Cedarville Gmail account.
- Click [Save Changes].
If you do not have a Cedarville Google Mail account, use this option to forward your emails.
- In a web browser, navigate to cedarville.edu/cedarinfo.
If prompted, enter your CedarNet login credentials > click [Authenticate].
If you do not know your CedarNet login credentials, please contact information technology at 937-766-7905 or send us an email for assistance.
- Under "Individual (General) Transactions," click "Set your email forwarding address."
- Click the radio button next to "Set my email forwarding address to" > Enter the email address that you would like all incoming Cedarville emails to be forwarded to.
- If you would like the forwarding to begin immediately, make sure the current date is set next to "Date to start e-mail forwarding."
- If you would like the email forwarding to stop at a certain time, set the end date.
- Click [Submit Change].
Keywords: forward my emails, email forwarding, send emails to another account, vacation rule, holiday rule, forwarding rule, forward some emails, send all emails to another account, read emails from multiple accounts in one location, set up email forwarding, setup email forwarding, forward emails to new account