Google Mail: Read Receipts
You can be sure that the recipients of your messages are opening and reading them by requesting a read receipt. When you request a read receipt, you will automatically receive an email notification when a recipient opens you email.
Use this sparingly. The receipts are sent individually, so if you send one email with a read receipt request to 100 recipients you will receive an email in your Inbox for each recipient who opens the email.
To request a read receipt, follow these steps:
- Navigate to cedarville.edu/google.
- Click the “Mail” link and log in with your CedarNet username and password.
- Click the [Compose] button.
- Compose the message as usual.
- Under the To field, click the “Request return receipt” link.
- Check the box next to “Request read receipt.”
- Click [Send].
When a recipient reads the message, an email notification will arrive in your inbox. The email will look like a reply you your message. If you open the email, it will tell you the date and time that the recipient opened the message.
Keywords: read receipt, send, request, receive, opened, open