Google Mail: Set Up and Manage New Inbox
Google Mail now has a new inbox that consists of tabs that help you organize different types of emails. The tabs that Google provides are "Primary," "Social," "Promotions," "Updates," and "Forums." Google allows you to pick which of these tabs you would like to include in your new inbox, and once you have selected the tabs, incoming emails will automatically filter into these different categories.
Currently, Google does not automatically switch email accounts to this new layout, but instead, gives its users the option of remaining with the old layout. See the instructions below to learn how to set up and manage the new inbox.
- Navigate to cedarville.edu/google in an Internet browser.
- Click on the "Mail" link and enter your Cedarville username and password > click [Login].
- Once your inbox has opened, click on the "Settings" gear icon located near the top-right of the interface > From the drop-down menu that appears, select "Configure inbox."
- In the pop-up that appears, click to select which tabs you would like to enable as filters for your inbox > Click [Save].
- Your new inbox will take a few seconds to configure. Once the configuration is finished, you should see the tabs you selected appear across the top of your inbox.
To view emails from a specific filter, simply click on that filter's tab. If you would like to move an email from one filter to another, click on the email and drag it up to the tab of the desired location.
To quickly adjust the filters you use in your inbox, click on the "+" sign located to the right of your current tabs. In the pop-up that appears, select which tabs you would like to use > Click [Save].
Keywords: inbox filters, inbox tabs, filter groups, filter tabs, organize emails, organizing emails, separate emails, separating emails, google mail inbox, change inbox, organize inbox