Google Mail: Turn Off Conversation View
By default, emails in Google Mail with the same subject are all grouped together. So when you receive a new email with the same subject of a previous related email, that email will appear grouped together with all the emails associated with that subject. You have to click the group of emails to see any new messages. Google Mail calls this feature conversation view. Turn off conversation view by following the steps below.
To turn off conversation view (make new emails appear as their own message and not grouped with related messages)
- Navigate to Cedarville.edu/Google and click the “Mail” link.
- Log in to Google Mail. If you are already logged in to Google Apps, open Google Mail by clicking the [Mail] tab at the top of the screen.
- From the top right of the screen, click the gear-shaped [Settings] icon. A drop-down menu appears.
- Click “Settings.” The "Settings" page opens.
- From the “Conversation View:” section, select “Conversation view off.”
- Click [Save Changes] at the bottom of the page. You will return to your main Google Mail page with conversation view turned off.
Keywords: turn off conversation view, get rid of grouped emails, make new emails separate, see new emails, email being deleted, make new emails their own messageEmail this to a Friend