GroupWise: Access Archived Email
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
To learn how to archive chosen messages from your GroupWise mailbox, please refer to the GroupWise: Move Email to Archives help page.
Instructions are provided below to "un-archive" an e-mail message (send it back to your normal email inbox), and how to navigate between your GroupWise archive and your normal, GroupWise inbox. These instructions will only work for the desktop GroupWise client (no webaccess).
To Open your GroupWise archive and view items:
- Open GroupWise.
- Click "File" from the top menu bar.
- Select "Open Archive."
- Your archived e-mails and any other items will display.
- You can double-click on any item you wish to read.
You cannot reply to or forward an e-mail from within the GroupWise archives. The e-mail must be moved back to your regular mailbox before you can perform these functions.
To Move an item back to your Mailbox in order to reply or forward:
- Select the e-mail[s] you wish to send back to your inbox. To select multiple e-mails, use the [Shift] key or the [Ctrl] key.
- Right-click on the e-mail[s] > Click "Archive" to remove the checkmark.
- The e-mail[s] will disappear from the archive and reappear in your GroupWise mailbox.
Because of our e-mail deletion policy, any items older than 18 months that you move from the archive to your GroupWise mailbox will be deleted at the end of the day.
You must move these items back to your GroupWise archive once you are finished to keep them!
To Leave GroupWise Archive and return to your mailbox:
- Click "File."
- Click to uncheck the "Open Archive" selection.
Keywords: find, retrieve, save, locate, email, storage, retain, store, keep, retention policy, archive email, archive e-mail, e-mail gone, deleted e-mail, deleted email