GroupWise: Address Books - Convert Class Rosters to Email Address Books
This computer help page explains how to import a class roster to your GroupWise address book. If you would like to create an e-mail group, after completing the following steps, please follow the instructions on the "GroupWise: Address Books - Create an Email Group from an Existing Address Book" help page.
Retrieve the class roster
- Navigate to the Faculty/Staff homepage > Log into CedarInfo.
- Navigate to "Curricular Transactions" > Select "Get A Class Roster."
- Enter the relevant term and subject information to identify your class.
- Select "Files on my H drive" and check the box next to "Comma-separated-values format for email contact lists."
- Click [Submit].
- Click [Submit].
- Write down the file name that is now stored on your H drive (e.g., mis_1500_01.csv).
Import roster into address book
- Open GroupWise.
- Click [Address Book].
- Choose "File" > "New Book..."
- Name the book according to the class name and term > Click [OK].
- Continue with the instructions directly below that apply to the version of GroupWise installed on your computer.
GroupWise 8 - Import Details
- Exit GroupWise 8 for the settings to apply and then re-open GroupWise.
- Click the "Address Book" icon.
- Click to select your newly created address book.
- Choose "File" > "Import..."
- Navigate to where the address book file (.nab extension) is stored.
- Click once to highlight the .csv file > Click [Open].
- Select your new class address book from the list > Click [OK] > Click [OK] again.
- The class address book will fill with your student's email addresses.
- Click the check box to "Close this window when import completes" or wait and click [Close] once all the address are imported.
You may also find lists of advisees at J:/[dept]/mailgrps.
To learn more about using and maintaining address books, see the GroupWise Address Books Computer Help Page.
Keywords: faculty, students, group, advising, advisors, roster, import address book, export