GroupWise: Resend or Retract an Email
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
If you inadvertently send an e-mail and realize you made a mistake, you can retract the e-mail from the recipients' mailboxes and resend it rather than sending a correction e-mail or sending two copies of the e-mail.
This feature is only available on-campus. If you send an e-mail to anyone with an off-campus address or if your recipient has e-mail forwarding set up, you cannot retract the e-mail from their mailbox.
To Retract an E-Mail :
You may only retract an e-mail if the e-mail recipient[s] have not yet opened it.
- Select the "Sent Items" folder > Click to select the e-mail you wish to retract.
- Click [Retract] in the top menu bar to delete the e-mail from the recipients' mailboxes. .
- To make sure the e-mail has been retracted, double-click the sent item > Click [Properties].
- Check whether the word "Retract" appears under the "Action" column. It may take a few minutes for the word to appear.
To Retract and Resend an E-Mail:
After you retract the e-mail using the above steps, it remains in your Sent box. You can make changes and resend the e-mail with the corrections.
- Select your "Sent Items" folder > Right-click on the email.
- Select "Resend" from the drop-down list.
- Make any desired corrections.
- Click [Send] > Click [Yes] when asked if you want to retract the original item.
To Retract E-Mail from Off-Campus:
If you are using the off-campus WebAccess, you can only retract an e-mail by deleting it from all mailboxes. To resend the message, simply copy the text before you delete the e-mail and paste the message into a new e-mail. To delete the e-mail,
- Click "Sent Items" in the left-hand column.
- Select the e-mail you want to retrac
- Click [Delete From All Mailboxes] in the bar above the list of e-mails.
Keywords: email, GroupWise, getting started, retract email, email, resend email, email mistake, e-mail mistake, delete email, delete e-mail, duplicate email, duplicate e-mail, retract e-mail, resend e-mail