GroupWise: Temporarily Remove Email Group Members
There are times when you may want to temporarily remove a group member from the recipient list when sending a group email (like reminding everyone else in your department to wish that person "Happy Birthday").
Start a new email
- Open GroupWise on-campus.
- Start a new email message ("File" > "New" > "Mail").
- Click [Address] within your open email window (do not confuse this with [Address Book] located on the top toolbar).
- Select the correct address book from the "Look in:" drop-down list.
- Type the group name in the "Look for:" box.
- Right-click on the group name > Choose "Expand Group"
- Select the name(s) you wish to temporarily omit for this email > Click [X Remove].
- Do not choose [Save Group].
- Click [OK].
- Complete the email and click [Send].
The person you temporarily "removed" will not receive the mailing you sent to the group this time ... but will remain in the group for future mailings.
To permanently remove a group member, refer to the related help page Edit GroupWise Group Members.
Keywords: Group wise, email, e-mail, delete, remove, shorten, omit, list, address book, addressbook.