GroupWise: Undeliverable Email or Email Not Received
Are you having trouble sending or receiving GroupWise email? Are you having problems with receiving Interdepartmental Charge Forms (ICFs)?
A few different issues may cause these problems.
Problems Receiving Email
"A friend sent me an email, but it never arrived."
Make sure that you do not have any "rules" set up that would either block off-campus e-mails or send them to a folder by mistake. Remember that if you junk e-mail from a domain (i.e., @yahoo.com) then all e-mail from that domain will be sent to junk mail or blocked.
Check Your E-Mail Rules:
- Open GroupWise > Go to "Tools" > Click "Rules."
- Double-click on any rules listed in the rule list to make sure you're not inadvertantly sending e-mail to the wrong place.
Check Your Junk Mail Folder:
Click the "Junk Mail" folder on the left and check to see if the missing e-mail is there.
You may not have a Junk Mail folder. Go to "Tools" > "Junk Mail Handling..." > Select "Enable Junk List" if you would prefer to have a Junk Mail folder for future problems.
- Check the "Trash Can" folder. If the default GroupWise settings have not been changed, mail only remains in the Junk Mail folder for 7 days before being moved to the Trash Can.
Check Your Junk Mail and/or Block List Settings:
- Open GroupWise > Go to "Tools" > "Junk Mail Handling...."
- Go to the "Settings" tab. If any of the boxes on this tab are checked, then continue through these steps. If they are not checked, Junk Mail is not your problem.
- Select the "Junk List" tab.
- Look through the list of adresses and domains to ensure that your friend's e-mail address or e-mail domain is not on the list.
- If the e-mail or domain is on the list, highlight the address/domain > Click [Move to Trust].
- Repeat Step 4 for the "Block List" tab.
- Go to the "Trust List" tab > Look through the list.
- If your friend's e-mail address is not included here, select "New" > Enter your friend's e-mail address > Click "OK."
Have your friend resend the e-mail. You should receive it this time.
Problems Sending E-Mail:
"An off-campus friend is not getting my sent e-mail."
GroupWise searches for addresses based upon a selected "search order." GroupWise by default searches the Frequent Contacts address book first.
If your mail is undeliverable, it may be because you have not changed the e-mail address in your Frequent Contacts even if you've changed it in another address book. For instructions on correcting this problem, click here.
Still having problems?
If the above suggestions do not correct the problem,
- Submit an online computer service request (CSR).
- When you open the online CSR form, choose the option "I am having trouble with: My account (login, email access, etc.)."
- Enter the details of your problem in the space provided, and a staff member will contact you after investigating your account.
Keywords: lost e-mails, lost emails, can't find email, recover