Groupwise: Address Book Filters
This feature of GroupWise allows you to search for a particular group of people (i.e. all the people at Cedarville who have the last name "Smith") and email them. Filters will remain on until you manually deactivate them.
- Open Groupwise > Click [Address Book].
- Select the desired address book in the left-hand folder list.
- Click the two interlocking circles that are now gray in the top right corner.
- Choose "Define Custom Filter..." from the drop-down list.
- In the "Building a Filter" dialog box, select the option you would like to search by (First Name, Last Name, email address).
- Select if you would like the results to begin with, equal, not equal, etc. the name you are searching for.
- Type in the name or email address you are looking for in the text box.
- Click [OK].
- To select and email all of the addresses listed, hold down [Ctrl] and type [A].
- Right-click on the group > Select "Action" > "Send Mail."
- An email window will appear with all of the filtered names in the "To:" line.
- Compose the email and send it.
You need to clear the filter after you have sent the email to be able to view all email addresses within the group once again.
In your Inbox, you may also use the "Find" search box to find mail items from the same person or on the same subject.
Keywords: search, email
- In "Address Book," click the interlocking circles again. (They are now blue and yellow to show that the filter is still turned on.)
- Choose "Filter Off" from the drop-down list.