Groupwise: Address Books - Create a Mail Group from an Excel File
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
- Open or create an Excel spreadsheet that contains a column for last name, first name, and email address (at the minimum).
- Make sure the top row of your spreadsheet contains column heading names (for example, LastName, FirstName, Email) and not data.
- Click the [File] tab > Select "Save As."
- Name the excel file > Choose the file type "CSV" from the drop-down list > Click [Save].
- Click [OK] if warned that some items may not be compatible > Click [Yes] to proceed anyway.
- Open GroupWise > Click [Address Book] in your top menubar.
- Click "File" > Select "Import..."
- Navigate to where your .csv file is located > Click to highlight the file > Click [Open].
- A list of address books will display. Click to highlight the address book you would like to import to or click [New].
- Name your new address book > Click [OK].
- A dialog box will open displaying the column headings, sample data, and links to match the columns with GroupWise contact fields.
- Click on each link to match the fields (for example, LastName with Last Name).
- Click [OK]. Wait for confirmation that the import was successful.
- Locate your address book in the address book list. Open the book to confirm that all of the names are present.
- To send the mail group an email, click the first name > Press [Ctrl] + [A] to select all names.
- Choose [Action] > Send email.
Keywords: excell, make group, excel and groupwise, download, download excel, new group