Groupwise: Create an Email Rule
How can I do this in...Google, Outlook
E-mail rules can be used to apply special handling to the email you receive in your GroupWise mailbox. You can create rules to move email to a specific folder (including your Junk Mail folder or Trash).
Create a Rule
- Go to "Tools" > "Rules" > Click [New...]
- Type the name of your rule in the "Rule Name" box.
- Under "When event is," make sure [New Item] is selected in the pop-up list and the "Received" check box is selected.
- Under "Item Types," select the appropriate message types. (i.e., Clicking on "Mail" means that the rule will only affect regular incoming mail messages.)
- Click [Define Conditions].
- The conditions that you choose next depend on what e-mails you want to filter from your inbox. For example, if you want to filter e-mails from a specific person or organization, click "From" in the first pop-up list.
- Make sure [= Matches] is selected in the second pop-up list, then type that person or organization's name in the next box.
- Select [OK].
Click [Add Action]. Choose the action you want performed on these items.
- "Move to Folder..." will move the specified items to a folder of your choice.
- "Delete/Decline..." will send items to your trash can.
- "Empty Item" will delete the item from GroupWise completely (it will not display in your trash can).
- Click [Save] > Click [Close].
You can modify this rule at any time.
Disable a Rule
- Click "Tools" > Choose "Rules."
- All of your rules will display in the "Rules" dialog box.
- Uncheck the box next to the rule you wish to disable.
- When you are ready to use the rule again, just re-check the box.
Keywords: sort, spam, organize, group wise, email