Groupwise: Disable GroupWise Messenger
If you wish to discontinue using the GroupWise Messenger program, please perform the following steps.
Disable Messenger Upon GroupWise Start-Up
- Open the GroupWise email program..
- Choose "Tools" > Select "Options..."
- Double-click on the "Environment" icon.
- Click on the "General" tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Launch Messenger at startup."
- Exit GroupWise email and reopen it for the settings to take effect.
If GroupWise Messenger continues to launch, or if above in step 5 the "Launch Messenger at startup" is already unchecked, perform the following steps.
Disable Messenger Upon Windows Start-Up
- Open GroupWise Messenger > Click "Tools"
- Choose "Options..." > Click on the "General" tab.
- Uncheck the box labeled "Run GroupWise Messenger when Windows starts."
- Click [Apply] > Click [OK]
- Log off and restart your computer. The Messenger login box should no longer appear.
If this does not resolve the issue, please submit an online computer service request.
keywords: block, IM, stop, quit, instant messenger, instant messager, message, contacts, Group Wise, e-mail