Groupwise: Disable GroupWise Password
By default, your GroupWise email account is password protected once you log in to a University-owned computer. If you would not like to be prompted for your password each time you open GroupWise, you may opt out of password protection once you are logged in to a University-owned compuer.
- Open GroupWise.
- From the menu bar, select "Tools" > "Options..."
- Double-click "Security" > Select the "Password" tab.
- Enter your existing CedarNet password in the "Old Password" text box.
- Do NOT enter a new password! Since your GroupWise and CedarNet passwords are the same, entering a new password here would change your network password as well.
- Check the box for "No password required with eDirectory."
- Click [OK].
- Click [Close].
- Exit GroupWise, and then reopen the program.
If you completed the steps correctly, you will not be prompted for your password.
Forgot your password?
For more information on changing or resetting your password, see the Change or Reset Your Password help page.
keywords: login, pass word, email, e-mail