How to Use Your Flash Drive
Plug in your Flash Drive
- Find the USB port and plug your flash drive in.
- On your desktop in the bottom right corner, a message will display saying “Found New Hardware.” Double-click on it.
- An "Options" window will display. Select “Open folder to view files” > Click [OK].
- A window will display with all of your files on the flash drive.
Save to the Flash Drive
Navigate to your file > Open the file > Select "File" > "Save As"
Right-Click the file in Windows Explorer > Select "Save As."
- Select the Flash drive from the drop-down menu (sometimes titled “Removable Disk or “Unknown” on the "E" or "F" Drive).
- Provide a file name for your document > Click [Save].
Remove your USB Flash Drive
- Double-click the icon on your lower right toolbar that says “Safely Remove Hardware” when you hover over it.
- A message will display that says “Safe to Remove Hardware.” Remove your Flash Drive after you’ve seen this message.
Keywords: portable, save files, usb port