Import Class Roster to Excel
To import a class roster, you need the roster in a delimited data file. A delimited data file is one where the fields are separated by either a symbol (like a comma), tab, or other indicator. Follow these steps to import a class roster from a delimited file (e.g., Redwood) into an Excel file:
- Open a blank worksheet in Excel.
- Choose the "Data" tab,
- From the "Get External Data" group, choose "From Text."
- An "Import Text File" box will open. Navigate to the delimited file you want to import. You may need to change "Text Files" to "All Files" in the drop-down menu to find your file.
- Click [Import]. The Text Import Wizard will open on Step 1 of 3.
- Make sure that the "Delimited" radio button is selected > Click [Next >].
- In Text Import Wizard Step 2 box, select the delimiter used in your data (i.e., tab, comma).
- Click [Next >] > Click [Finish].
- You will be asked where to place the data. Select "Existing Worksheet" > Click [OK].
- Save your file as an Excel worksheet.
Keywords: class list, make class list, create class list, create roster, create class roster, faculty, staff