Install MS Office Tools on a University computer
Microsoft Office Tools are not installed on University computers by default. The most common reason users wish to install Microsoft Office Tools is to use the Document Scanning or Document Imaging tools with optical character recognition (OCR), which allow you to scan a paper document and send the contents directly to Microsoft Word for editing.
If you would like to access Microsoft Office Tools, follow these steps to install and launch the software.
Install Microsoft Office Tools
- Log in to a University computer.
- Click [Start] > "Control Panel."
- Double-click "Add or Remove Programs."
- Select "Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007" from the list.
- Click [Change].
- Click the "Add or Remove Features" box > Click [Continue].
- Click the "Office Tools" drop-down box > Select "Run From My Computer."
- Click [Continue] > [Close].
Launch Microsoft Office Tools
- Click [Start] > "All Programs."
- Choose "Microsoft Office" > "Microsoft Office Tools" > Choose desired Office Tool.
Keywords: Micro soft, scan, scanning, scanner, OCR, optical character recognition, document imaging, Canon, Cannon, copier, copy