Install Network Printers (faculty/staff only)
The steps below will walk you through how to install a network printer for use with your University computer.
If you experience any difficulties with the installation, please submit an online service request . We'll be happy to help!
- Open the Mozilla Firefox browser. If you are not familiar with Firefox, go to Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Click Mozilla Firefox. A browser window will open.
- The the address bar, type http://printshop2/ipp. For lab and classroom printers, type http://printshop3/ipp.
- Scroll down and find the printer you wish to install.
- Select the link with the name of the printer you wish to install.
- Click [Yes] at the "Do you want to install now?" prompt.
- The installation process will begin and a series of steps will complete. (Note: If you run into any errors that completely stop the installation, you will need to restart the computer and begin again.)
- Click [OK] once the installation steps are complete.
- Repeat the steps above to install each printer. When all desired network printers are installed, you can log off and restart your computer.
- Log on with your username and password.
- Click Start > Control Panel > Printers and Other Hardware > Installed Printers and Faxes. Make sure that each printer that you have installed is listed.
- To set a printer as your default printer, right click the printer and choose "Set as Default Printer." The default printer will be indicated by the checkmark icon.
Keywords: brother, default, hewlett packard, hewlettpackard, hewlett-packard, HP, hp, install, installation, installing, network, print, printer, printing, set up, setup, install printers, iPrint, iprint, i print, install my printer.Email this to a Friend