Lists in Word: Bullet and Numbering Quick Key Shortcut
- For a bulleted list, type the asterisk key (*) and begin typing the rest of your text.
- For a numbered list, type the number one (1.) and begin typing the rest of your text.
Word will automatically format the list types with either of these shortcuts.
If neither of these keyboard shortcuts work, you may need to set automatic numbering or bullets with these instructions:
- Click the [File] tab > Click [Options] > Click “Proofing.”
- Click [AutoCorrect Options] > Click the “Autoformat As You Type” tab.
- Select the "Automatic bulleted lists" and "Automatic numbered lists" check boxes if they are not already checked > Click [OK].
Keywords: bullett, bulletted lists, fancy, calligraphyAtomic Learning Video Email this to a Friend