MicroGrade: Insert Comments in Student Grade Reports
Use MicroGrade's "comment codes" to store additional notes about your students.
- You can use the same comment and apply it to multiple students (for example, "Asks a lot of questions").
- Or, create comments that are student-specific (such as, "Possible candidate for gifted program").
- Up to 32 different comment codes (each up to 255 characters) for each class can be created.
- Each student can receive up to 16 comments.
- Comment codes can be included in MicroGrade's Student Summary and Free Format reports.
Define Comment Codes
- From the Students menu, select "Define Comment Codes."
The Define Comment Codes dialog box will display. The three drop-down menus at the top of the dialog include class information in the comment code.
Note: If you are creating a new class and have not yet entered any scores, you will only see two drop down menus.
- Click the "New" radio button in the "Edit Mode" box in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Click inside the text box in the upper half of the dialog > Choose "First name" from the Student drop-down menu > Type a space, followed by any pertinent information.
- Click [Enter] to save the comment code.
- The Comment Code will be assigned a number and will appear in the bottom half of the window.
- Click [OK] to exit the dialog.
Assign Comment Codes
Once you have defined Comment Codes, you can assign them to individual students.
- From the "Students" menu, select "Assign Comment Codes." The Assign Comment Codes dialog box will display.
Select a student.
Select a comment from the Comment Codes drop-down menu found below the row of 16 text boxes.
- Type in the number inside one of the 16 text boxes if you know it.
- Select a comment from the Comment Codes drop-down menu found below the row of 16 text boxes.
- Click [Enter].
- Click "Fill Comment Codes" to assign one comment code to all of the students.
- Click "Edit Comment Codes" to edit existing comments or to add new comment codes.
- Click [OK].
Keywords: notes, grading, classes, rememberEmail this to a Friend