Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP)
The Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) allows certain employees of Cedarville University to have access to Microsoft Office programs on a personal computer (such as a laptop or home desktop). The following programs are included in the Microsoft HUP office package:
Office Professional Plus for Windows 2010
Office for Mac 2011
Your life, your work, your way.
The HUP offers you one license that includes two installations. This means that you can install the software on one desktop and one portable device (such as a laptop), assuming the primary user of the desktop is also the primary user of the portable device. The license should not be used to install the software on a portable device that will primarily be used by another individual.
All programs in the Microsoft HUP package are the most recent version of the software. In addition to the office program, you can purchase Microsoft Project Professional 2010 and Microsoft Visio Premium 2010.
For more information about the Microsoft HUP package, please consult Microsoft's FAQ.
All full-time and part-time employees in regular positions at Cedarville University are eligible for the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP):
- A regular position is any position that does not have a pre-determined end date.
- Student employees and employees in temporary positions are NOT eligible for the program.
- A temporary position is one that you are only in for a brief period of time or any position that has a fixed end date.
- The only exception to the above rules is if you are an adjunct professor. As an adjunct professor, you do qualify for the program.
If you would like to take part in the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP), you can obtain a license and download the software package for $9.95. If you would like to purchase a backup copy of the software, you can obtain a DVD copy for an additional $13. You cannot purchase only a DVD copy of the software.
Downloading the software will take about an hour over high-speed internet (DSL or cable).
All eligible employees can order the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) software from the Microsoft HUP website. Once you are on the website:
- Choose the country you are located in from the “Select Country/Region” dropdown box.
- Enter your Cedarville email address and program code (see the note below).
- Click [Submit].
- Follow the on-screen instructions to order and/or download your copy of the software
To obtain the program code, please refer to the informational email that announced this program. If you need more information, please call information technology at (937) 766-7905.
When you purchase the software, you can choose to use Windows (compatible with XP, Vista, and 7) or Mac. You cannot purchase the software for both platforms.
- You can use the software for either personal or business use.
- You can install the software on one desktop computer and one portable device (such as a laptop). You can only install the software on a laptop if you will be the primary user of that device.
- The software will be available as long as you are a regular employee at Cedarville.
- Your license will be legally terminated if you leave and no longer work for the University.
Keywords: microsoft home use program, hup, word, excel, powerpoint, outlook, one note, onenote, publisher, microsoft office, software