Microsoft Office 2013: Upgrade a University Computer
Cedarville offers the Microsoft 2013 Office suite for remaining University-owned computers. All classrooms, computers, techcarts, and general-use University-provided computers have already been upgraded. Any faculty or staff that have yet to upgrade to Office 2013 have until December 2014 to do so. At that time, employees will be required to make the upgrade.
The upgrade takes about 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Click the Windows [Start] button in the lower left of your screen.
- Choose "All Programs."
- Locate the folder labeled "Microsoft Office 2013" and click to open it.
- You can right-click on any of the programs and choose "Pin to Start Menu" or "Pin to Taskbar."
If the "Microsoft Office 2013" folder does not appear:
- Click the Windows [Start] button > Choose "All Programs."
- Click the "CedarNet" icon > Click the "Office Suites" icon.
- Click "MS Office 2013 ProPlus Installation" and the programs will be installed.
If neither of these options are available, please submit an Information Technology Request and a technician will be out to assist you.
In order to upgrade to Outlook 2013, you will first need to perform the steps above to upgrade to Office 2013, if you have not done so already.
When you upgrade to Office 2013, all Microsoft Office 2010 (or any earlier version you have) will be uninstalled, including Outlook.
In order to upgrade to Outlook 2013, see Outlook: Install Microsoft Outlook.
When the program isntalls, do not open Outlook yet, as this could cause problems with the synchronization of your University email and Microsoft Outlook.
Instead, follow the steps in Outlook: Install Microsoft Outlook starting with Step 2.
Keywords: Office Products, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint