Moodle: Import Scores from DataLink (Faculty)
Importing scores into Moodle from DataLink is a 3-step process.
When students are taking the test or quiz you will want to import, ensure students fill in their student ID number.
- Load the student database so that DataLink can verify the ID numbers.
- Scan the key sheet first.
- Finish scanning every student’s quiz or exam.
- Verify that DataLink found every student.
- Click [Excel Export].
- In Excel, open the file you exported.
- Go to the “Class Roster” tab (the second tab in the file).
- Select the ID Number and Score Columns, including the headers, then press [Ctr]l+[C] to copy the information.
- Click File > New.
- Paste the values that you copied from the first Excel file.
- Click File > Save As > Save as type > CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- Click [Save].
- Click [Yes] on any message boxes you receive.
- Log in to Moodle and navigate to the course homepage for the course the grades are for.
- From the Settings sidebar under “Course administration,” click [Grades].
- Click the Grader Report dropdown menu.
- From the dropdown menu under Import, click “CSV file.”
- Click [Choose a file…].
- Click [Upload a file…].
- Click [Choose file].
- Select the CSV file you just created.
- Upload the CSV file.
- Click [Upload Grades].
- From the “Map from” dropdown menu, select “ID Number.”
- From the “Map to” dropdown menu, select “useridnumber.”
- From the “ID Number” dropdown menu, select “ignore.”
- From the “Score” dropdown menu, select the assignment you are uploading the grades for.
- Click [Upload grades]. You should receive a message that the grades were imported successfully.
Keywords: AppScan, app-scan, scantron forms, Apperson, Data-Link, Data Link, get scores in Moodle, put Scantron forms in Moodle, upload