Office: Smart Art
Smart Art contains graphics that you can add to an Excel, Word, or PowerPoint document and customize to your liking. You can use these graphics to display hierarchys, cycles, lists, processes, or relationships.
- Click the "Insert" tab > "Illustrations" > Click [Smart Art].
- Select the appropriate type of "Smart Art" for your document from the menu on the left (process, cycle, hierarchy).
- A list of all the options for whatever type of "Smart Art" you have selected will appear in the middle. Select the graphic that you would like to insert > click [OK].
- The "Text Pane" box should automatically open to the left of your graphic.
- Using the Text Pane, you can modify the Smart Art.
To change your Smart Art’s style, complete the following steps.
- Click once on your Smart Art.
- Under the design tab, you will see a group called "Smart Art Styles" with a number of pre-made styles.
- If you hover over each of the different options you will see your Smart Art change, but the change is not selected until you click the option. For more information about previewing, look at the Microsoft Office: Live Preview help page.