Online Student Information
Cedarville offers online distance education courses to a number of different students. High school students can use the Dual Enrollment program to gain college credit. International students can take classes from home or wherever they may be traveling. Graduate students can take classes as they work in the field.
If you are an online student, this page will give you some basic information on navigating the Cedarville website and technologies, such as email and Moodle. To begin, you will need to log in on the Cedarville student homepage. Everything you need can be accessed from there.
You created your username and password when you started your application to Cedarville. Use this username and password to access everything at Cedarville: CedarInfo, email, Moodle, etc.
If you want to change your password or have forgotten your password, see the help page on how to change and reset your password.
- Usernames and passwords are not case-sensitive.
- If you enter your username and password three times incorrectly, you will be temporarily locked out of the Cedarville login. You may try to log in again in 30 minutes, or contact information technology if you need your account unlocked immediately.
- You will have the opportunity to change your username twice a year. Look for a notification email from Dr. David Rotman (Assoc. VP for Technology/CIO) toward the end of Fall and Spring semesters for specific instructions.
Email is used extensively by professors to communicate with students about coursework. Check your University email account frequently for the latest updates!
Your Cedarville University email address is composed of your username plus the domain: @cedarville.edu. For example, if your username is "jbrown," then your email address is email@example.com.
- Open an Internet browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer).
- Navigate to Google Mail (cedarville.edu/google).
- Type in your CedarNet username and password when prompted. Type in the username only; do not type the @cedarville.edu domain.
- Click [Login].
Attach a File to an Email
As a Cedarville student, you have access to 6 GB of personal storage space on the Cedarville network, which is called your "H Drive." Your H: drive is physically located on a network server and is secure and not accessible to other general users.
You also have access to the S: drive. Instructors may store class files on the S: network drive for your use. In addition, collaborative space may be arranged on the T: drive for group projects.
Login or Password Problems
- Contact information technology at 937-766-7905 Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm EST.
- After 5pm EST and on weekend, contact After Hours Support at 937-766-6518 and leave a message. You will want to provide contact information and identify what type of student you are (i.e., graduate, distance education, or dual enrollment.)
- See the help page on Getting Started with Moodle (Students).
- For questions not covered in the help page, contact your professor using the contact information provided in class or on the syllabus.
Software or Hardware Problems
Keywords: getting startedEmail this to a Friend