Outlook: Convert Class Roster to Outlook Contact Group
This computer help page explains how to import a class roster to your Microsoft Outlook Contacts.
Retrieve the class roster
- Navigate to the Faculty/Staff homepage > Log in to CedarInfo.
- Select "Get a class roster" under "Curricular Transactions."
- Enter the relevant term and subject information to identify your class.
- Click the radio button to select “Files on my H: drive” > Check the box next to “Comma-separated-values format for email contact lists.”
- Click [Submit].
- Note the file name and that your .csv file has been saved to your H:\DOCS.
Import the roster
- Go to File > Open > Insert.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, select "Import from another program or file" and click [Next].
- Select "Comma Separated Values (Windows)" and click [Next].
- Click the [Browse] button and locate the csv file you saved earlier.
- Select "Allow duplicates to be created" and click [Next].
- Locate the Contacts folder in the list. Select it and click [Next].
- Click [Map Custom Fields].
- In the box that appears, locate the field name on the right that corresponds to the values listed on the left. Click and drag the value name to the matching field.
- When you have matched up all the values and fields, click [OK].
- Click [Finish].
Keywords: import class list, import class roster, create an email group, make email group from class list, class list