Outlook: Delay Delivery of an Email
In Microsoft Outlook, you can compose an email and set it to be sent at a specific time using the delay delivery feature.
- Open a new email message.
- Compose the email as you normally would, including a recipient, subject line, and email message.
- In the "Options" tab in the "More Options" group, click "Delay Delivery."
- In the "Delivery options" section of the Properties window, make sure "Do not deliver before" is checked.
- Enter the time you want the email to send.
- Click [Close].
- Click [Send].
A delayed email will only send while Outlook is still open. You must set the sending time for a time when you still have Outlook running. If you try to close Outlook before a delayed message has sent, Outlook will remind you that you have unsent emails in your Outbox.
To ensure that your message was received, you can also Request a Read Receipt.
Keywords: delay message, send an email later, send message later, delay sending, delay send, delay delivery, deliver an email later, timed email