PowerPoint: Embed a YouTube Video
PowerPoint 2010 allows you to embed a YouTube video directly into your presentation, rather than forcing you to click on the link and open the video in a web browser. (This feature does not exist in PowerPoint 2013.) You can embed any video from a site that gives you an embed code in HTML. If you are working with a video file from your computer, see the help page on how to Insert and Edit Video in PowerPoint.
Open the video in YouTube > Click
[Embed] below the video.
- Check the box "Use old embed code" > Use your mouse to select and copy the embed code.
- Select an empty slide in PowerPoint.
- Click [Insert] tab > Locate the "Media" group.
- Click the arrow beneath "Video" option > Choose "Insert Video from Web Site."
- Paste embed code > Click [Insert].
- Resize window. (Loss of picture quality if screen is resized too large. Hold shift while you resize to avoid distortion).
- Run slideshow and play video.
Make sure you arrive at your presentation room early to test that the video plays properly.
This function is not available in PowerPoint 2007 or earlier.
Keywords: add video, add YouTube, YouTube in PowerPoint, play YouTube in PowerPoint, embed and play videos in PowerPointEmail this to a Friend