Printer: Set or Change the Default Printer
Identify the Default Printer
- Click the green [Start] button > Select "Printers and Faxes" from the right column.
- The printers installed on your computer will display.
- Locate the printer identified with a special icon (a white check mark inside a black circle).
- This is your default printer.
Change the Default Printer
- After you have located the default printer, right-click on the printer you wish to make your new default printer.
- Select "Set as Default Printer."
- All future print jobs will print to the new default printer, unless you select a different printer temporarily using "File" > "Print."
Keywords: print, printing, paper, HP, inkjet, laser, network, local, normal, set, ink, toner