Redwood: Unix Prompt Error in Datatel
The following instructions will resolve the Unix prompt error in Redwood:
- Log in with your Datatel username and password at the Datatel login screen.
- Wait about 5 seconds.
- Right-click the Datatel application in the Task Bar > Select "Restore."
- If the Datatel window disappears again, you will need to repeat steps 2-3 a second time.
- Wait for the gray screen to appear.
- When prompted for an "Enter" key, press [Enter] on your keyboard.
Following these steps should eliminate the error. If you continue to have difficulties, please submit an online computer service request or call x4153 from any campus phone if you need immediate assistance.
This error message typically appears when a user launches the Datatel (Redwood) GUI (graphical user interface) for the first time. It can also occur after a user receives a new computer and tries to launch Datatel (Redwood).
If you need to install Datatel (Redwood), visit the Install Datatel help page.
Keywords: red wood, log in, system, database, data base, data entry, message, missing, icon, gone, lost, problem, issue, unix, redwood, red wood, datatel