Redwood: Unix Prompt Error in Datatel
The following instructions will resolve the Unix prompt error in Redwood:
- Log in with your Datatel username and password at the Datatel login screen.
- Wait about 5 seconds.
- Right-click the Datatel application in the Task Bar > Select "Restore."
- If the Datatel window disappears again, you will need to repeat steps 2-3 a second time.
- Wait for the gray screen to appear.
- When prompted for an "Enter" key, press [Enter] on your keyboard.
Following these steps should eliminate the error. If you continue to have difficulties, please submit an online service request or call 937-766-4153 from any campus phone if you need immediate assistance.
This error message typically appears when a user launches the Datatel (Redwood) GUI (graphical user interface) for the first time. It can also occur after a user receives a new computer and tries to launch Datatel (Redwood).
If you need to install Datatel (Redwood), visit the Install Datatel help page.
Keywords: red wood, log in, system, database, data base, data entry, message, missing, icon, gone, lost, problem, issue, unix, redwood, red wood, datatelEmail this to a Friend