Remove U3 Software from Flash Drives
Some flash drives are equipped with U3 software. Common labels are "smartdrives" or flash drives with a U3 "launchpad." These special flash drives allow you to save your settings as well as password-protect your files.
Unfortunately, the U3 software hinders you from using the flash drive with Cedarville classroom and lab computers because of privilege issues.
If you wish to use this type of flash drive in the computer labs, classrooms or on a tech cart, you must permanently remove the U3 software as follows.
(Note: Once the U3 software is removed, it cannot be recovered.)
- Open a web browser and visit http://www.u3.com/uninstall .
- Search for the “Remove U3” link.
- Select [Save] when prompted to save the U3 uninstall program.
- Double-click on the U3Uninstall.exe icon to launch the program.
- Follow the steps in the application to complete the uninstall.
Please contact information technology if you need additional assistance.
Keywords: jump drive, pen drive, thumb drive, USB, remove, error, flashdrive, jumpdrive, USB drive, pendrive, U 3.Email this to a Friend