Software Training and Resources
If you are trying to resolve an obscure computer issue or just want to expand your technological know-how, you can access several resources. Information Technology has partnered with Atomic Learning to provide students, faculty, and staff access to tutorials on a variety of topics related to technology. Also, the Centennial Library provides online software training and an online database of technology books.
Visit the Atomic Learning: Navigation and Use computer help page to view a pictorial guide.
Atomic Learning offers online training tutorials on a variety of topics relating to technology, including software programs, teaching with technology, and learning with technology. All Cedarville students, faculty, and staff have free access to Atomic Learning. Navigate to the Cedarville Atomic Learning landing page (cedarville.edu/atomiclearning) and log in with your Cedarville username and password.
If you have an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, you can also download the Atomic Learning app from the iTunes App Store. Not only does this app allow you to search Atomic Learning in a variety of ways and see what training you have interacted with, you can also download tutorials to your device so that you can watch them even when you are not connected to the Internet.
The Cedarville University Centennial Library subscribes to an online learning library that provides free online training for Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, and Windows/Mac operating systems through Learning Express Library.
Users will need to go to the link above and create an account to download the tutorials and save their progress.
The Centennial Library also maintains a subscription to Safari Tech Books online, a database that holds the contents of thousands of books to help you with virtually any programming or technical issue.
- Go to the Cedarville Facstaff or Student Homepage.
- Click the "Campus Directory" link located in the light gray bar near the top of the page.
- Under the “Academic” column, click “Library.”
- Locate "Additional Resources" (under the "One Search" heading) and click "Databases A-Z."
- Select the letter “S” > Choose “Safari Tech Books Online.”
- Browse through the available online books by clicking on a category on the left, [or]
- Enter your search terms (e.g., the name of the software program or topic) in the search box above and click the "Search" icon (magnifying glass).
Safari allows you to conduct searches by keyword, software program, book title, author, etc. You may also browse by category (e.g., database, graphics, hardware, programming). You can either read books from cover to cover or refer to particular sections as needed.
- Adobe (Acrobat, Audition, Creative Suites, GoLive, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.)
- Macromedia (Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- …and many more!
Keywords: tutorial, class, train, learn, learning, computer programs, help, information, computer information, training, self, learning express library, software, Atomic Learning, Safari Tech