Switch Between Open Windows/Applications
Switch Between Active Applications
Clicking on your taskbar (the blue bar on your desktop that includes the Start button and shows all minimized/open windows) is the most obvious way of switching among active application, but you can also use a keyboard shortcut to get there:
- Press and hold the [Alt] key > Press the [Tab] key once.
- A box with icons representing all of the open applications will display.
- Keep the [Alt] key pressed down and continue to tap the [Tab] key to switch between open applications.
- Release the [Alt] key when the icon you wish to open is highlighted in blue.
This is especially helpful when:
- You have so many applications open that they cannot all display on your task bar.
- When you are trying to switch back and forth between two different windows.
keywords: shortcuts, tricks, tips