Groupwise: Use GroupWise Sub-Calendars
GroupWise allows you to create one or more sub-calendars within your main GroupWise calendar (e.g., for Family, Classes, Events, Projects, etc.).
You can roll all of your sub-calendars up into your main calendar or view them individually (similar to a filter). In addition, you can "share" one or more of the sub-calendars with other users on campus.
Create a new sub-calendar
- Open GroupWise.
- Right-click on the calendar icon in your folder list (located on the left-hand side of the screen).
- Choose the "New Calendar" option > Type a name for your sub-calendar (e.g., "Department Events").
- Press [Enter] to create the sub-calendar.
Choose a color for your sub-calendar
- In GroupWise 8: Click the square icon to the left of the sub-calendar name > Choose a color from the display or click [More Colors...]
View calendars and sub-calendars
- Click the checkbox next to any sub-calendar to add the entries to your main calendar.
- Uncheck the sub-calendar check box to remove sub-calendar entries from your main calendar display.
- Drag and drop existing items from your main calendar to the appropriate sub-calendar to associate them with a sub-calendar.
Share a sub-calendar
- Right-click on the sub-calendar.
- In Groupwise 8, choose "Sharing..."
- Click the radio button labeled "Shared with"
- Indicate who has access to the calendar by typing their last name in the white box and then selecting them from the list.
- Click [OK].
Keywords: subcalendar, sub calendar, department calendar.