Web: Publish Personal Web Pages
Every Cedarville University faculty, staff, and student has access to publish personal web pages on the Cedarville people web server. Here are the steps involved :
Create and Save Your Personal Web Page
- Log in to your CedarNet account.
- Build your web pages using an HTML editor like Dreamweaver and store them in your H:\HTML directory
- Your homepage should be named index.htm, index.html, index.php, index.cfm, or default.asp
A related computer help page on Web Design Guidelines and Tips (including training resources) is available.
Publish Your Personal Web Page
When you are ready, publish the web pages using the following steps:
Log in to CedarInfo, and under the "Individual (General) Transactions" menu, choose Publish personal web pages .
From a university-owned computer, click on the green [Start] button > Choose "All Programs" > Select "_CedarNet" > Choose "Communications" > Select "Publish Personal WWW Information."
- Now choose one of the 3 publish options.
- Click [Save Settings and Exit].
Publishing your pages will copy ALL files contained in your H:\HTML directory and ALL of its subdirectories to the "people" web server. After publishing, a link to your home page will show up by your name in the Find Person directory on our web server.
Keywords: make, student, Intranet, Internet, faculty, staff, site, webpage, web page, design, create, post, publish, homepage, home page.