Web: Publish Personal Web Pages
Every Cedarville University faculty, staff, and student has access to publish personal web pages on the Cedarville people web server. The steps involved are listed below.
- Log in to your CedarNet account.
- Build your web pages using an HTML editor like Dreamweaver and store them in your H:\HTML directory.
- Your homepage should be named index.htm, index.html, index.php, index.cfm, or default.asp.
A related help page on Web Design Guidelines and Tips (including training resources) is available.
When you are ready, publish the web pages using the following steps:
Log in to CedarInfo, and under the "Individual (General) Transactions" menu, choose Publish personal web pages.
From a University-owned computer, click on the green [Start] button > Choose "All Programs" > Select "_CedarNet" > Choose "Communications" > Select "Publish Personal Website."
- Now choose one of the 3 publish options.
- Click [Save Settings and Exit].
Publishing your pages will copy ALL files contained in your H:\HTML directory and ALL of its subdirectories to the "people" web server. After publishing, a link to your home page will show up by your name in the Find a Person directory on our web server.
Keywords: make, student, Intranet, Internet, faculty, staff, site, webpage, web page, design, create, post, publish, homepage, home page.