Wireless Connection to CU-Secure
Wireless Connection to CU-Secure
Information technology strongly recommends that users connect to the cu-secure network using the following instructions. The cu-secure network provides increased security, fewer prompts to log in, and access to CedarPrint.
You will only need to complete this process once for each device with which you access cu-secure.
Good news for Fall 2015!
You no longer need to register most devices. Manual registration is only required for wireless gaming systems, e-readers and some older Android devices.
In order to connect to wireless, you will need to open the wireless connections on your computer. This initial step will differ based on which version of Windows you are running. Select your version of Windows from the list below.
- Open the wireless connections on your computer and connect to cu-unsecure. If prompted, enter your CedarNet login credentials > Click [Authenticate].
- Open your internet browser.
- Navigate to cedarville.edu/techstop.
- Click the "Wireless Connection Assistance" link from the list of navigation links on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Select which type of computer you are currently using.
- Click [Download the CU Secure Connection Tool] button to download the file > If prompted, enter your CedarNet login credentials > Click [Authenticate].
Find the downloaded file > Click to open it. may be prompted with User Account Control dialog (want to allow to make changes to this computer > click [Yes]
The location of the file will vary according to the browser you choose to use. In Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, the downloads go to the bottom of the screen, and you must click to open them. In Windows 8, once you have opened the file, a security risk dialog box may open. If so, click "More info" > Click [Run anyway].
- If prompted with administrator login, enter your CedarNet password and click [Yes].
- In the "Install Cu-Secure" dialog box that appears, click [Yes].
- When the window appears saying that the setup was successful (may be a black screen with text in it), press any key to close it.
- Click on the wireless connection icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen. If prompted with "Network Authentication," enter your login credentials > Click [Ok].
- If a "Set Network Location" dialog box appears, click [Cancel]. You should now be connected to cu-secure.
- If you are not connected to cu-secure, click the wireless connection icon in the bottom-right corner again > Choose "cu-secure" > Click [Connect].
- If prompted, log in with your computer username and password to finish your connection to cu-secure. (This will be the password that you use to log in to your laptop, as well as the username that you used when you first set up your laptop.)
If you are running an older version of Mac OS (OS X 10.4 Tiger or earlier), please stop this process and bring your computer to TechStop for support.
- Wi-Fi should be turned on by default to automatically detect available wireless networks. If not, turn it on.
- Click the wireless icon in your upper toolbar and select "cu-secure."
- Log in using your CedarNet username and password. Click [OK]. If you do not remember your CedarNet username and password, please contact information technology at 937-766-7905 for assistance.
- If you are asked to "Verify Certificate," click [Continue].
- On your iPhone, iPod, or iPad, open the Settings app > Tap [Wi-Fi] > Tap [cu-secure].
- When prompted, enter your CedarNet username and password > Tap [Join].
- When the certificate error appears, tap [Accept]. You should now be connected to cu-secure.
- Open the Settings app on your Android device (phone, phablet, or tablet), and make sure the switch next to [Wi-Fi] is set to [On].
- Tap [Wi-Fi], and wait for available networks to be discovered. Tap [cu-secure] to start connecting to the network.
Your device should automatically detect the following network settings:
- Security: 802.1x EAP
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: None
- CA certificate: (unspecified)
- Enter your CedarNet username in the "Identity" field. Leave the "Anonymous Identity" field blank.
- Enter your CedarNet password in the "Password" field.Tap [Connect]. Your device should return to the wireless network list and show that it has successfully connected to cu-secure.
- Click the network icon from the status bar in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click the network status button located beneath your name and email address.
- Click [Join other...] in the lower left corner of the menu box.
Enter the appropriate information in the corresponding fields as follows:
- SSID: cu-secure
- EAP method: EAP-TTLS
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA certificate: Default
- Identity: (your CedarNet username)
- Password: (your CedarNet password)
- Anonymous identity: (leave blank)
- Check the “Save identity and password” box.
- Click [Connect].
- Open Google Chrome > Navigate to an external (non-Cedarville-affiliated) website.
- Log in with your CedarNet credentials.
Keywords: wireless, cu-secure, connect, connection, wireless connection, laptop, Mac, Chrome, Chromebook, Chrome book