Wireless Connection to CU-Secure
By default, your personal device will connect to cu-unsecure, and you can use this wireless network by logging in with your CedarNet login information when prompted.
However, information technology strongly recommends that users connect to the cu-secure network using the following instructions. The cu-secure network provides increased security, fewer prompts to log in, and access to CedarPrint.
You will only need to complete this process once for each device with which you access cu-secure.
If you are running and older version of Mac OS (OS X 10.4 Tiger or earlier), please stop this process and bring your computer to the computer assistance center for support.
- Airport service should be turned on by default to automatically detect available wireless networks. If not, turn it on.
- Click the wireless icon in your upper toolbar and select "cu-secure."
- Log in using your CedarNet username and password. Click [OK]. If you do not remember your CedarNet username and password, please contact information technology at 937-766-7905 for assistance.
- If you are asked to "Verify Certificate," click [Continue].
If you are running Windows 8, here are Windows 8 instructions on how to connect to a wireless network. If you are running Windows 7, please read these Windows 7 instructions for details. And if you are running Windows XP, here are Windows XP instructions.
- Open the wireless connections on your computer and connect to cu-unsecure.
- Open your internet browser.
- Log in using your CedarNet username and password.
- Go to cedarville.edu/techstop.
- Click the "Wireless Connection Assistance" link from the list of navigation links on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click [Download the CU Secure Connection Tool] to download the file.
- Find the downloaded file > Click to open it. Note: The location of the file will vary according to the browser you choose to use. In Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, the downloads go to the bottom of the screen, and you must click to open them. In Windows 8, once you have opened the file, a security risk dialog box will open. Click "More info" > Click [Run anyway].
- In both "Install Cu-Secure" dialog boxes that appear, click [Yes].
- When the window appears saying that the setup was successful, press any key to close it.
- Open your wireless connections > Choose "cu-secure."
- Log in with your CedarNet username and password to finish your connection to cu-secure.
- Click the network icon from the status bar in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Click the network status button located beneath your name and email address.
- Click [Join other...] in the lower left corner of the menu box.
Enter the appropriate information in the corresponding fields as follows:
- SSID: cu-secure
- EAP method: EAP-TTLS
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA certificate: Default
- Identity: (your CedarNet username)
- Password: (your CedarNet password)
- Anonymous identity: (leave blank)
- Check the “Save identity and password” box.
- Click [Connect].
- Open Google Chrome > Navigate to an external (non-Cedarville-affiliated) website.
- Log in with your CedarNet credentials.
If you are still having difficulties with your wireless connection, please feel free to contact information technology at 937-766-4156.
Keywords: wireless, cu-secure, connect, connection, wireless connection, laptop, Mac, Chrome, Chromebook, Chrome book