Word: Change Default Font
Upon installation, Word defaults to the Calibri font. If you would like to change the default font, complete the following steps:
- Open a new or existing Microsoft Word document.
- Select the "Home" tab > Locate the "Font"group.
- Click on the small arrow in the bottom right corner of the Font group.
- Wait for the Font dialog box to open.
- Within the dialog box, change the font style and size to the style and size you would like Word to default to (e.g., Times New Roman, Size: 12).
- Click the [Set As Default] button > Select "All documents based on the Normal Template?" > Click [OK].
Keep in mind that this changes the default font only on the computers that you have manually applied these settings to. If you open a document on a different computer, it will still automatically use Microsoft Word's default font. Repeat this process on as many computers as you would like to automatically use your personalized default settings.
Keywords: Personalized font, automatic font, fount, fant, default font, calibri, font.