WordPerfect: Reveal Codes
Formatting codes are turned off by default in WordPerfect.
It is easy to reveal the formatting codes using the keyboard shortcut [Alt] + [F3] or by following these steps:
- Open a WordPerfect document.
- Select "View" from the top menu.
- Choose "Reveal Codes."
Repeat steps 1-3 above to hide the formatting codes.
Common Formatting Codes
- Red rectangle > insertion point (where your cursor is currently located)
- HRt > hard carriage return (when the [Enter] key is pressed)
- SRt > soft carriage return (automatic word wrap)
- Tab > tabs
- Diamonds > for spaces
- Left & right arrow-shaped buttons with either a B, I or U > display when Bold, Italics or Underline are turned on or off.
A complete list of formatting codes can be viewed at Corel's online help .
- Bold > [Ctrl]+[B] to turn bold on .... type your text ... then [Ctrl]+[B] to turn bold off
- Italic > [Ctrl]+[I] to turn italics on ... type your text ... then [Ctrl]+[I] to turn italics off
- Underline > [Ctrl]+[U] to turn underlining on ... type your text ... then [Ctrl]+[U] to turn underlining off.
Keywords: format, bold, underline, italics, italicize, tab, line space, spacing, indent, reveal code, hide, code, reveal, paragraph.