iTunes Resources: Access the iTunes Music Store
Install iTunes on your University Computer:
To access the iTunes music store, you must first install iTunes on your dorm computer by logging in as a local administrator.
- Log in as a local administrator.
- Log in a second time with your CedarNet username and password to access your H: drive while still logged in as local administrator (instructions for both procedures are provided on the Local Administrator help page).
Download and install iTunes on your dorm computer.
You may need to close out of all Internet windows in order for the installation to complete successfully.
- After the installation is complete, log out of the administrator account > Log back in.
Access the iTunes Music Store from your SPC:
- Open any web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer).
- Go to any off-campus website like www.google.com (this forces authentication with the server for Internet access).
- Open iTunes.
- Click "iTunes Store" under "Store" on the lefthand menu.
You should not have to perform this procedure every time you access iTunes. However, if you get an iTunes error indicating it cannot access the Music Store, run through these steps again.
For more iTunes information, see the iTunes Resources computer help page.
Keywords: iTunes, iTunes music store, music, iPod, buy music, ipod, video