iTunes Resources: Move iTunes Music Library
Before proceeding, please read the warnings associated with storing your music and video files on a residence hall computer.
You may choose to move your iTunes music library from your H drive to your C drive to free up space on your H drive for academic purposes.
Move your iTunes Music Library
- Open iTunes
- Go to "Edit" > Select "Preferences."
- Select the "Advanced" tab.
- Click [Change] > Choose a folder on the C: drive to store your music.
- Check the "Keep iTunes Music Folder organized" box if you would like iTunes to automatically organize your music in the location you are moving it.
- Click [OK].
- Click [Yes] to answer "Would you like iTunes to move & rename files...."
- Go to "File" > "Library" > Select [Consolidate Library].
Your music should now be located on the C drive. If you would like remove the music from your H drive, go to "My Computer," find the music folders on your H drive, and delete them.
For additional iTunes information, see the iTunes Resources computer help page.
Keywords: i-Tunes, i Tunes, move, full, filling up, network drive, error, problem, issue, music, video, movies, songs, podcasts, pod casts, transfer, storage