About the TESOL Minor/Certificate
The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) minor will prepare you to teach English to speakers of other languages in a multi-age classroom, in cross-cultural service contexts, in an international business setting, or anywhere else God leads you. Students who complete the minor will receive a certificate certifying the 16 hours of coursework and 60-hour practicum. This minor must be combined with a major (in any field) in order to graduate with your bachelor’s degree and be fully prepared for your chosen career path.
- Minor requires 16 semester hours of coursework.
- Program includes a 60-hour practicum experience in addition to your coursework.
Consider These Majors
Students pursuing a TESOL minor may consider these majors:
- Christian Education
- Global Business
- Intercultural Studies – Missiology
- Linguistics for Language Learning
- Methods of Teaching Foreign Language