Adjunct Instructor, Art Design and Theatre
Gabe Pyle graduated in Cedarville’s first Industrial and Innovative Design class in 2012. He immediately began working at the International Center for Creativity in Powell, Ohio, assisting in the classroom with Cedarville’s industrial design students while he pursued his master’s degree in sustainable design through Minneapolis College of Art and Design’s online program. Now he helps direct, improve, and deliver the IID curriculum to the junior and senior students in Columbus. He aspires to help everyone become a little more creative, no matter what they do, and his background in music, theatre, and illustration has helped him to see creative potential in everything. In his free time he illustrates graphic T-shirts and is the author and illustrator of the children’s book 18 Animals (That are Definitely Not an Octopus)
Education and Credentials
- M.A., Sustainable Design, Minneapolis College of Art and Design
- B.A., Industrial and Innovative Design, Cedarville University
- Favorite places to visit: Enjoys being anywhere with family and friends. Locations include Dayton, Columbus, Trinidad, Kosovo, among others. Hopes to continue traveling with his wife to add to the list of places to return to.
- Hobbies: Enjoys puzzles and riddles. Constantly sketching new ideas for graphic T-shirts. Loves nothing more than learning new board games and playing them with family and friends.
- Why Cedarville? I had wanted to attend a Christian university that offered industrial design since I was in high school, but until my sophomore year of college, no Christian university offered ID. Once the major opened up my junior year, I knew I was in the right place. My story is littered with divine moments of God directing me here so that I might help inspire and equip future ID classes.