Dan DeWitt, Ph.D.Director, Center for Biblical Apologetics and Public Christianity, Associate Professor of Applied Theology and Apologetics
Dr. Dan DeWitt is Associate Professor of Applied Theology and Apologetics and Director of the Center for Biblical Apologetics and Public Christianity at Cedarville University. He taught and served in academic leadership at Southern Seminary in Louisville, Kentucky, for more than a decade before moving to Cedarville. He has served in various pastoral roles, including lead pastor of the Campus Church, a campus of Highview Baptist Church, which met on the campus of the University of Louisiana. Dr. DeWitt has published articles with Christianity Today, The Gospel Coalition, Desiring God, TableTalk Magazine, Touchstone Magazine, Relevant Magazine, Crosswalk.com, et al, and published books with Crossway, The Good Book Company, and B&H.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Academic Leadership, Southern Seminary
- M.Div., Southern Seminary
- B.A. in Biblical Studies, Lexington Baptist College
- Life in the Wild: Fighting for Faith in a Fallen World. Dan DeWitt. (2018)
- Christ or Chaos. Dan DeWitt. Wheaton, IL (2016)
- Jesus or Nothing. Dan DeWitt. Wheaton, IL (2014)
- "Professor Schools Church on Developing a Biblical Worldview." Dan DeWitt. Illinois Baptist IBSA Newsjournal (2018)
- "There's a Place for Christian Values in Workplace but Don't Evangelize." Dan DeWitt. Dayton Business Journal (2018)
- Interests: Hanging out with my family, fishing, reading, writing, illustrating, designing, and drinking absurd amounts of coffee
- Why I'm at Cedarville: My family and I chose to move to Cedarville from Southern Seminary because of a growing desire to do apologetics training in a Christian liberal arts setting.