Dan DeWitt, Ph.D.Director, Center for Biblical Apologetics and Public Christianity, Associate Professor of Applied Theology and Apologetics
Before joining the faculty of Cedarville University, Dr. Dan DeWitt served in academic and pastoral roles as Lead Pastor of the Campus Church, a campus of Highview Baptist Church, which met on the campus of the University of Louisville, and as Dean of Boyce College, the undergraduate program for The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He started the Center for Biblical Apologetics and Public Christianity in his first year at Cedarville in the fall of 2016.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Academic Leadership, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.S. in Biblical Studies, Lexington Baptist College
- The Reason for Hope: A Biblical Vision for Apologetics (Augustine Colllegiate review: An Undergraduate Research Journal, Vol. 2, Number 2, Winter 2019)
- Life in the Wild: Fighting for Faith in a Fallen World (The Good Book Company, 2018)
- Christ or Chaos (Crossway, 2016)
- Jesus or Nothing (Crossway, 2014)
- Why C.S. Lewis Wouldn't Write for Christianity Today (Christianity Today, 2012)
- Interests: Hanging out with family and friends, drawing, fishing, and design.
- Why I'm at Cedarville: The Lord led us here after over a decade of service at Southern Seminary, through a growing desire to teach theology and apologetics in a liberal arts setting.