John Tarwater, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Business
Dr. John Tarwater joined the faculty at Cedarville University in 2017. He came to Cedarville from El Seminario Bíblico Rio Grande, where as a missionary he served as the CFO and VP for Administration. In addition to nearly 20 years in higher education as an administrator and professor, Dr. Tarwater worked as a tax accountant in Dallas, Texas. As a biblical ethicist, he has published books on marriage and the Pentateuch, as well as numerous articles in both professional and lay journals. His current research interests center on exchange rate exposure within the field of international finance.
Education and Credentials
- ABD in Finance, University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
- Ph.D. in Theology and Ethics, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
- MAT in Curriculum Development, Carson Newman University
- MTS in New Testament, Duke University
B.S. in Business and Math, Carson Newman University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- My wife and ten children (not much time left after that)
- Playing Guitar
- Tennessee Football
- Why Cedarville?: I wanted to work at a place where I would be challenged to grow in Christ by the people around me, as well as use my gifts to prepare others for their work in the world and for the Kingdom.