Chuck Elliott, Ph.D.Professor of Communication
Dr. Elliott came to Cedarville University from Hong Kong where he served as Chair of the Department of Communication Studies at Hong Kong Baptist University. He teaches courses in communication theory and intercultural communication. His research interests include exploring cultural values in mediated communication and the impact of technology on social life. Dr. Elliot has been teaching at Cedarville University since 2003.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Mass Communications, Temple University
- M.A. in Communications, Temple University
- B.A. in Comprehensive Social Science, Cedarville University
- The People's News: Content and Values in the Press Releases of the New China News Agency, 1950-1989 (Charles W. Elliott) Faculty Dissertations (1994)
- The Role of the New Politics in the Media Campaigns of Members of the United States House of Representatives: An Analysis of Media Use in Successful Campaigns for Congress, 1982 (Charles W. Elliott) Communication Faculty Publications (1984)
- Newsworthiness and Islam: An Analysis of Values in the Muslim Online Press (Charles W. Elliott and Clark F. Greer) Communication Quarterly (2010)
- This study examined how the values of the Islamic faith may have an impact on news reporting in several Middle Eastern nations. An analysis of 1,773 stories from 10 online Middle Eastern newspapers indicated that ... Hofstede's Masculine-Feminine Cultural Dimension in Magazine Advertisements (Charles W. Elliott) International Journal of Communication (2003)
- Asia Through Time: Asian News in Time Magazine (Charles W. Elliott) Asian Journal of Communication (2000)
- Favorite things to do: Sitting on the beach in Hawaii, riding the Star Ferry in Hong Kong, eating good Chinese food.
- Interests: Exploring cultures, British Science Fiction, Contemporary Hawaiian music
- Why I am at Cedarville: Cedarville changed my life as an undergrad.