Jim Phipps, Ph.D.
Dr. Phipps has been a member of the faculty at Cedarville since 1968, serving as Chair of the communications department for 36 years. He specializes in historical rhetoric, political rhetoric, storytelling, leadership, persuasion theory, interpersonal communication theory, and communication ethics. His research interests include identity rhetoric and crisis communication. He has interim pastored five churches during his time at Cedarville and spent 32 years as the radio Voice for Cedarville Athletics. He was mayor of the Village of Cedarville for 16 years and serves on many county boards.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Communication, The Ohio State University
- M.A. in Broadcasting, The Ohio State University
- B.A. in Speech and English, Cedarville University
- Spending time with his grandchildren
- Golf, including making custom clubs
- Woodworking and auto mechanics
- Sports, especially the Buckeyes, Reds, and Bengals