- Apply Now
- Majors and Minors
- Field Experiences
- Faculty and Staff
- Contact Us
- Student Education Association (SEA)
- Cost and Financial Aid
- Visit Campus
All undergraduate programs within the School of Education are NCATE accredited.
Eddie Baumann, Ph.D.Senior Professor of Education
Dr. Baumann teaches courses in philosophy of education, educational psychology, and biblical integration. Prior to coming to Cedarville in 1993, he taught history and economics for high school and junior high students in both public and Christian schools. Dr. Baumann has also served as a visiting professor at several other institutions, both in the U.S. and internationally. His research interests include the relationship of the biblical worldview to education and the process of biblical integration, specifically as it relates to K-12 schooling.
Education and Credentials
- Ph.D. in Urban Education (Philosophical Foundations of Education), University of Wisconsin
- M.S. in Human Learning and Development, University of Wisconsin
- B.S. in History and Philosophy, University of Wisconsin
- Secondary Education Teaching Certification (Comprehensive Social Studies), State of Wisconsin
- A Comparison of Economic Problem-solving Skills in Experts and Novices (Eddie K. Baumann) Faculty Dissertations (1995)
- Worldview as Worship: The Dynamics of a Transformative Christian Education (Eddie K. Baumann) Faculty Books (2011)
- Johann Friedrich Herbert: Morality as the Task of Education (Eddie K. Baumann and Thomas Hutchison) Education Faculty Publications (2016)
- Instructional Methodologies (Phillip Bassett and Eddie K. Baumann) Education Faculty Publications (2011)
- The Measurement of Economic Reasoning (Eddie K. Baumann) National Council on Economic Education Annual Meeting (1998)
- Favorite Places to Visit: Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin, and the Great Wall of China
- Hobbies: Biking, rowing, reading
- Why Cedarville: Cedarville provides students the opportunity to critically examine aspects of education and faith and the relationship they have one to the other, with the goal of being able to integrate faith and practice regardless of where God calls them to serve.